Thursday, February 10, 2011

Woman Work Parapraph

 In the poem “Women Work” The author Maya Angelou is trying to tell you that she does not like doing chores. She does not like cooking, cleaning, sewing, and watching people’s children. In my house I have to mop,sweep,dust,cook,wash the dishes, deep clean my room, wash all my clothes, vacuum my floor everyday, clean the shower when I get in and out of it and so much more. Do I like doing these chores? No I don't but I do it because I want my house clean and because I get paid to do it. The women in this story didn't have a choice. She was a slave who wanted to be free. If she didn't do her daily chores she would receive some consequences. The author was trying to say that she wanted to be free. She didn't want to work for anyone. She just wanted to rest.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Some of your sentences are not long enough, fix it!

    ReplyDelete