Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Free Choice Blog Post

Hello everyone! My name is Genonna L and I am number twelve out of nine-teen of my dad's. I was born is San Diego, California and raised in Guatemala and TJ. I lived with my dad until I was five then I moved to San Diego with my mom. I went to St. Louis, Missouri when I was seven to go visit my mom’s mother for about a month and then came back to California. A few weeks later, we went back to St. Louis because my grandmother passed away. I was very sad because I didn't really get to know her. My mom got really depressed and got really violent. A few years later my mom’s depression got worst and she became this monster that I didn’t know. She started to beat and neglect me. After two straight years of abuse I got taken away and put into foster care. I came into foster care at the age of nine. I’ve been in almost twenty different foster homes and three different group homes. I heard about San Pasqual and wanted to try it out. I now live at San Pasqual academy for 5 months now going strong. I've been doing my best in school and trying to stay focus. People now and then try to push me down but my model in life is “God is on my side".

No comments:

Post a Comment